Thursday, February 23, 2017

Converting a dwarf cleric

Introduction


I had two dwarves ready for assembly, but equipped with rifle and crossbow. I needed a melee-type character instead. I waited a while, but didn't find anything appropriate, so again, I decided to convert my own.

Components


Body and head from the dwarf kit (I don't know where it's from), weapon and shield from the new GW Chaos Warriors kit.


Conversion


I started by readying the components. Besides removing mold lines, this included removing the chaos symbol from the shield using a hobby knife. I also shortened the shield, so that it will fit the shorter figure better.


The dwarf kit wasn't very well fitting, so quite a lot of green stuff went into filling the cracks.





At first, I thought of simply applying green stuff and sticking the hammer in its place.


However, it wasn't staying upright. So I decided to remove the hammer, leaving only the arm joint in place.


Same for the other arm.


After a couple of days, the green stuff solidified, so I could glue on the arms.


I applied more green stuff to the right elbow joint, and textured it with a toothpick to give it a cloth-like appearance.




I had some spare green stuff left on my desk, so I filled in the large gap around the lip of the base.


Finished!


And ready to paint. 
I decided to base the miniature so that it would benefit from the priming.


No comments:

Post a Comment