Monday, September 5, 2016

Magnetizing a Manticore

I needed to magnetize this manticore. Reason: in MAGUS, it can be used with or without wings (and different tails) to represent different creatures.


First, I drilled all the holes. 

The tail part was simple enough:



But the wings needed more care. I was certain that a 2mm magnet will not hold a large metal wing.
So I prepared for surgery:


I drilled two holes in each wing:


And the same in the body.

Then, I inserted the magnets with the help of green stuff.

I did not want to just use glue, as the body will have to look good even without the wings. Glued magnets might not fill the holes completely.






Same principle applies for the tails:



And the wings. I was not careful, and the magnets were stuffed in with varying polarities. I had to make sure that their counterparts in the wings would have the right polarity:




Finished!




No comments:

Post a Comment