Thursday, July 21, 2016

Imperials vs Rebels, 19.07.2016

Points limit:  100 points

Lists:

Imperials (97 points):

  • Night Beast
  • Winged Gundark
  • Backstabber
  • Dark Curse
  • Mauler Mithel
  • Howlrunner
My list building was limited by the number of ships I had at my disposal - 6 Tie Fighters. So I took the most expensive pilots I had cards for.



Rebels (100 points):

  • YT-2400: · "Leebo" (34) 
    • Determination (1) 
    • "Mangler" Cannon (4) 
    • Chewbacca (4)  
    • Outrider (5) 
  • HWK-290: · Roark Garnet (19) 
    • Twin Laser Turret (6) 
  • Attack Shuttle: · Sabine Wren (21) 
    • Adaptability (Decrease) (0) 
    • Twin Laser Turret (6) 
All 3 ships fire turret weapons (ignoring firing arcs).
Leebo has increased pilot skill (12) due to the other pilot.
The other two ships move at pilot skill 4. This allows for more shenanigans (like choose move order).

The battle

The first turn was spent speeding towards each other (although my Tie Fighters were laid back, not in a hurry). On turn 2, we both surged forwards at top speed and unloaded point-blank salvos. Most of my shooting went into the YT, to no great effect. Only 1 Tie Fighter was unable to fire. I successfully dodged the incoming fire.


Then we went past each other. The Tie Fighters were in for some tight turns, while the Rebel ships glided on, no worries, shooting off their turret weapons.



Luckily, Tie Fighters are maneuverable enough to pull off those tight turns. I managed to concentrate my firepower no the HWK, taking it down.


The return fire took down Howlrunner. No more buffs to the other ships.


The rebels concentrated their fire on Backstabber next. He did most of the work when taking down the HWK.


That YT is very, very maneuverable. It is also extremely tough. I decided to go after the shuttle...


... while also desperately trying to get my swarm together.




Lots of bumps while maneuvering in tight spaces. Lack of focus meant I've finally lost Backstabber.


Out of arc!


I've finally surrounded the YT, unleashing point blank salvos. It took some damage, but ejecting Chewbacca saw its shield restored.


More tight maneuvering, bumps and close range salvos.


In the mean time, Mauler Mithel had hunted down the attack shuttle, and is now speeding towards the fight.


Some tight maneuvering saw the YT stop on the debris field for two turns in a row. I managed to get some shots off.


Forgetting the "no red maneuvers while stressed" costed me another ship, as it had to fly off the table.


All that tight maneuvering finally paid off! The YT had to take a sharp turn - but it wasn't sharp enough, and it was off the table.


Imperial victory!

Final Imperial casualties.


Did we learn anything?

  • My force is barely playable in 100 points.
  • Judging distances by eye is tough without experience.
  • Tie Fighters are very maneuverable.
  • Terrain helps (or hinders) a lot.
  • The YT is extremely maneuverable (for its size) and tough to boot.
  • Turret weapons are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment