Friday, March 25, 2016

Painting another squad of Plaguebearers

I decided to have a go at another squad of Plaguebearers. I really like how the original paint scheme turned out, so I'll reuse it here. I will change some small details however, both for experimentation, and to be able to tell the squads apart.

Steps 0-2: Copy paste (almost)

As before, prime the models in white, apply a coat of dead flesh, and wash with deep green. This time, however, I didn't drybrush with scorpion green, applying the dead flesh color instead. I wanted to reduce some of the brightness of the original scheme.


Steps 3-5: Copy paste

I painted the details using the same techniques as for the other squad.


Step 6: Details

I finished the body details the same way; however, I intend to do something different for the swords.

Step 7: Learn from the mistakes

Instead of putting the bushes in first, then covering them up in grass, this time, I applied the soil first, then the grass, then finally the bushes. I tried to leave some space for them while putting on the grass strands, such that they will stand out a bit.



















Step 8: Finish the swords

Instead of the bright green edge highlight, I mimicked dripping poison using PVA glue mixed with the same bright green color:



Finished!


The command group.


The guys with added cute little Nurglings.


The rest of them.


 The whole squad.


No comments:

Post a Comment