Monday, November 9, 2015

Painting a White Lion of Chrace

Time for another local painting competition! This time, to level the field, we all had to paint similar miniatures: we opened a box of White Lions. I decided to go back to tried-and-trusted techniques for this one. I also went for a Ragnar Blackmane - combined with - Ned Stark-y look. Here goes.



1. Prime in white

Sadly, I missed to take a picture here.

2. Basecoat

As usual, I went for a chainmail silver basecoat for all metallic (including golden) parts.
I wanted to apply my recently learned grey-drybrush-on-black technique for the pelt.
Otherwise, it's a classic white and blue medieval knight/paladin scheme.

3. Drybrushed pelt

Looking to reproduce my best result from here.


4. More basecoat

With the drybrushing out of the way (which always tends to be messy), time to apply the basecoat to the more delicate areas.


 All golden ornaments and jewels are now painted.

5. Wash

Time to add "liquid talent". I applied a generous amount of black wash to all parts except the white cloth tunic. For the white cloth, I used bone white with a heavy amount of medium and water, to dilute it down to a wash-like state.



6. Drybrushed feathered hat

 White drybrush on blue.


7. Putty on base

One foot is slightly higher than the other, like if the figure was standing on something. I added some of my home-made putty to cover that up, creating a small hill under the right foot.


8. Flock the base

I went for a simple flocking, as I wanted to put the accent on the paintjob.



And that's it!



No comments:

Post a Comment