Friday, June 5, 2015

Painting competition, 10.03.2015

We had a friendly painting competition at our local game store (Checkpoint, go check them out). We had to paint a squad of soldiers and an officer for them to accompany. This proved to be a great incentive to finish up my squad of Bloodletters. I didn't have time to go all the way, but I got them in pretty good shape. I also painted my Skulltaker-proxy - a Bloodreaper model mounted on a base of skulls.
This is what the field looked like:




One squad of pikemen from Perry miniatures; a horde of Bloodletters; a horde of Dark Elf Dark Riders; and an Ultramarine Command Squad accompanied by a librarian. Here are some close-ups:


Got to love historical miniatures! Also, excellent basing.


I based the Bloodletters with something looking like carbon/lava... where they walk, even the grass dies!


Skulltaker and his blood-soaked banner.



Some mean looking riders. Lacking many details though.


 Shiny Ultramarines! Too bad the bases aren't finished.

Long story short, here's the score sheet:


I was somewhat surprised to be the winner. I just painted up my horde and hoped for the best... You can see that I've lost points for faces - I confess I didn't do anything there, besides letting the wash flow into the eye sockets and such. I also have a couple of models where I have to correct slight mistakes from drybrushing.
In any case, I am now the happy owner of the prize, a box of Ork Kommandos:


Thanks for making this happen, guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment