Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Daemons of Chaos vs Dark Elves, 27.01.2015

It took some time, but I've finally found someone else I can play Warhammer Fantasy with. Here comes a battle report!
*We were both rusty on the rules (not to mention that my opponent only played 7th edition up till now), so we took a simplistic approach for a small game of 1000 points.

Deployment: Battleline (a.k.a. straight-on slaughter)
Lists:
Daemons:

  • 40 Bloodletters, full command
  • Skulltaker
  • 6 Flesh Hounds (ambushers)

Dark Elves (I don't remember exact names, don't judge):

  • 30 spearmen
  • generic hero attached to spearmen, using the gem of ward-save-rerolling
  • 2x10-man crossbowman troop
  • 5-man light cavalry troop
  • 5-man cavalry wizard troop (the newest dark elf unit, I was told)
  • chariot pulled by giant lizards (I really need to get my names straight :D)
*Having deployed first, at this point I knew I was in trouble. The Bloodletter horde, which served so well against the Saurus warriors of the Lizardmen, would get thinned by all the archers and wizards. Worst of all, the hounds were in ambusher reserve, so there was nothing to hold up the cavalry circling on both sides. Turns out, I was right.
Deployment:


* Light cavalry vanguard move on the right side.
* I forgot some of my Bloodletters in my priming box, so the back rows are made up of Daemonettes.
The Dark Elves moved first.
Turn 1.
Everything advances, the cavalry encircles the Bloodletters. Then the shooting commences. Even hitting on 6+ (mostly), the amount of shooting eliminated almost an entire row of Bloodletters.
I then proceeded to go up the hill and wait.
*For added hilarity, I rolled for reserves. So much movement and so many deaths - I thought it was turn 2 already!

Turn 2. More shooting and more dead Bloodletters. A failed charge on my part. At least the hounds come in.
*Apologies for not taking any more pictures.
Turn 3.
More shooting. I was left with about 2 rows of Bloodletters. The cavalry and chariot encircle my horde and prepare for next turn's charge.
The hounds charge a squad of crossbowmen, win the combat (without suffering a wound!), then run them down.
The Bloodletters fail another charge and move down between the hills.
Turn 4. Everything mass charges the Bloodletters. With Initiative 5/ Always Strikes First, I never landed a hit - everything just died. Well, except Skulltaker, who dismembered the spearmen unit champion, then died from daemonic instability. Rest in pieces. I surrendered.

No comments:

Post a Comment